Monday, December 04, 2006

Today's Post!

Okie dokie! It's my turn to be the scribe! I've never really done this before...so bare with me :P

Today's class was pretty straight forward. We handed our unit sheets in at the beginning of class and got started with a question on the overhead. Haha! We've never done that in forever! Sorry, I'm hyper..*ahem* Okay, I'm alright now. The question was to convert the following equivalents: 0.65, and 5:2. We corrected them shortly after everyone finished. When that was over with, Mr. Harbeck told us to make a web thingy with the word "percent", showing what pops into our minds when we hear the word. It should end up looking something like this:




It should iclude pictures, numbers, words, and symbols. Try to think up some other things that remind you of percentages and add them to the web thingy.



Okay...Now....HOMEWORK FOR TODAY!!!
What does 50% mean?
What does 25% mean? -write down what these are to you.
What does 10% mean?
Also....Explain how you would find:
-1%
-10%
-15% -you must find these percentages from the numbers: 300, and 85.
-25%
-50%
-75%
And....ONE LAST THING!!! If you were in school today, you should've received a yellow sheet that had math questions on it. Do the Visual.

Oh, oh, oh! check these sites out! Perhaps they'll help you!

-http://www.mathleague.com/help/percent/percent.htm
-http://www.purplemath.com/modules/percents.htm

Well, that's the end of my scribe. I hope it's okay..as i said, I'm still a beginner...:P
P.S. Mr. Harbeck, what's Wikipaint? I checked it out, but I'm still not sure what it is...

Oh, and before I forget...The next scribe will be....
Angelic!!!!!


16 comments:

apuya_soldier_ said...

oooh good job melissa. everyting is pretty well-organized and easy to read. you might wanna go do that link-to-commment thingy that harbeck told us to do on your post. but otherwise great job!

-apuya

maryrose said...

i like the picture, and you've organized it all :). try to also add some sites to your post, it'll make it beautiful x). overall you did a good job! :)

Katira_M said...

Okie dokie!

James Campbell said...

Oooh... shiny! I'm loving it. Nice colour, you might want to consider adding a few more pictures though. I also agree, commenting on another blog and adding some websites relating to the topic might help. But other than that it's fabulous.

James Campbell said...

Oh, and a bonus question:

Does anyone know what this symbol means? -‰-

I doubt anyone does... enjoy!

Katira_M said...

Oh my gosh, james..XD Well...I don't know what that symbol is...but I editted and improved my scribe post! XD

James Campbell said...

The symbol is "per mille". It means, in French, per 1000.

maryrose said...

oh wow.. haha i love it! FANTASTIC!! :)

sjs said...

nice post melissa
goood job
help me to get pictures
ok bye
great postvue

(= OrANgeZ =) said...

u did a really good job malissa!!!
its easy to read and good idea to put the homework =)

Ashley said...

I like your scribe Melissa. You did a very good job!

angelic =) said...

it's so purdy-ful melissa ! =)

'alyssaaa' said...

bluee! lots of bluee! =D yeahh! understandable information and everythingg! great jobb.

Smiliies said...

You made a very nice job Melissa, even if you said you were a beginner, still... you did a VERY good job. Way to go!

tears_77 said...

Good job melissa. I like how your post is well organized. Keep it up.

mary ; said...

wow another post well done!! keep up the great work!!