Monday, March 12, 2007

Kim's Scribe Post

Hello, I have volunteered or have been assigned to do a scribe post on Adding Fractions.
But I would like to explain what fractions are (even though I wasn't assigned to do so). Do you know what fractions are? Well, there is 4 well known kinds of fractions, a proper fraction, improper fraction, mixed fraction and equivalent fractions. Fractions that represents a part (numerator) over a whole (denominator) , that would be called a proper fraction. When a fraction is representing something with a numerator that is larger than the denominator, that would be called an improper fraction. A mixed fraction is when you have a whole number and a proper fraction. Last but not least, an equivalent fraction is when two (or more) fractions equal the same. Below is an bubble share presentation that would help you understand more about fractions.


This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog


Now onto adding fractions. First, I'm going to start off with:



Adding with "like" Denominators



Below is a bubble share presentation that would lead you through and show you how to add fractions with the same denominators.


This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog


Adding with different Denominators


Now, I am going to show you how to add fractions with different denominators below:


This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog


If there is anything that I have done wrong, please feel free to comment and tell me =)

No comments: