Friday, September 15, 2006

Why we Blog

As I asked you in class "How many of you blog?" Most of you put up your hands because of your experience with Mr. Reece last year. Many of you also indicated that it was not you favorite activity during math class. I hope to change that this year. It is important to know that times are changing. The world you know now will be different by the time you enter highschool, and that world will change by the time you are ready to enter Highschool.

K. Fisch a teacher in Colorado created this powerpoint presentation for his students. It demonstrates how the world is changing. It is a remarkable presentation.

Did You Know

In your journals or as a comment I would like you to tell me what you are feeling after this presentation. Mr. Kuropatwa from Danial Mac asked his grade 11 and 12 students these questions:

  • What surprised you the most? Why was it surprising?

  • Did you learn anything? If so, what?

  • As you think about it now, does this change the way you think about school, learning or the purpose of getting an education? Is there anything you want to do differently related to school this year?

  • What Shift is happening?
How would you answer them?


Mr. Harbeck

1 comment:

tears_77 said...

When we were watching the video what surprised me the most was that a large amount of children could be born during that 8 minute presentation in China and India.

It was surprising for me because I didn't really think that that large amount of babies will be born within just 8 minutes like I mean WOW!

Another surprising think I was surprised is that we will get a dozen jobs when we reach 38 years old. It was surprising because now we can see that only few people got good jobs and some even have no jobs at all.

I learned that technology can change in a matter of time like who would think that when we grow up we will get jobs not even invented right now and I was wondering what kind of jobs would that jobs be.

What I learned and saw today changed the way of my thinking about school and learning. Now I want to study harder so that I could keep up with technology . I was thinking it is okay to have a computer that has a larger amount of learning capacity than the human race put together but what if they replace us what will we do? Will we just sit around and watch t.v. while they work on the jobs we should be doing. I think the Shift of higher technology is happening. I think !!!

Thyrza May Toledo
8-41